Nationwide is proud to be the sole sponsor of the Veterinary Career Development University Series taught by Jim Wilson, DVM, JD, Karl Salzsieder, DVM, JD and Mark Opperman, CVPM.
This program provides future veterinarians with career development skills and a better understanding of the business management and legal elements of veterinary practice.
The Veterinary Career Development University Series is taught at 12 U.S. veterinary colleges. In addition to our formal lecture University Series, Nationwide-affiliated veterinarians provide educational lectures at veterinary schools through chapter VBMA’s. To find participating colleges, lecture dates, instructors and attending Nationwide field veterinarians, please view the current schedule (PDF).
Nationwide’s sponsored educational lectures discuss:
- How pet insurance is distinctly different from managed care.
- The benefits of pet health insurance for pets, pet owners, veterinary practices and the veterinary profession.
- The mechanics of how Nationwide’s portfolio of financial solutions enable pet owners to provide veterinary care.
Program materials provided to college course coordinators include:
- Electronic note modules from Dr. Jim Wilson and/or Mr. Mark Opperman for students to bring to class.
- “The Art of Veterinary Practice Management,” by Mr. Mark Opperman, a book sponsored by Nationwide (Note: for students attending Mr. Opperman’s class)
- Nationwide veterinary student information available for download (PDF)
Personal financial simulator
Use the customized financial simulator to calculate the salary amount you need to manage your monthly expenses as a new veterinary graduate.